Sports and Events Tourism Exchange
22 - 24 October 2013
22 – 23 October 2013 – SETE Conference
23 – 24 October 2013 – SETE Exhibition
With the past tourism focus having been on the Leisure and Business sectors, the introduction of the Sports and Events Tourism Exchange (SETE) Exhibition and Conference now plays a fundamental role in promoting the new “sports” trend within the industry.
Sport Tourism is one of the fastest growing areas of the global travel and tourism industry. Quite obvious are the links between the Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism Networks – spotlighting the interplay between these markets and the economies of the driving countries.
The Sports and Events Tourism Exchange provides a platform to:
- Pursue bidding and hosting of major international events
- Promote Africa as a training destination for northern hemisphere athletes in their winter months
- Promote Africa as a destination for social participants in sport, exploiting our golf courses, beaches, stadiums & hiking trail
- Increase Tourist volumes, spend and length of stay
- Promote transformation
- Promote local federations and associations
- Showcase Africa’s experience and expertise in hosting and managing medium and large international events
- Promote home-grown events
- Promote the countries, states and provinces and what facilities and services they have to offer